Optimization of the cost of translation by translation-oriented
The internationalization of markets requires the translation of technical documents in multiple languages. Is considered in the preparation of technical documentation, the international orientation already, the cost of translations is low. High localization costs by adjustments or fundamental changes in the source documents can be avoided.
A translation-oriented documentation reduces translation costs, reduced errors in content and lowers overall costs.
Possible rules for translation-oriented authoring are:
• For each word it a fixed meaning
• Synonyms are not used
• New abbreviations are explained
• Noise words are prevented
• Sentences are simply structured
• The logical sequence is observed (only cause, effect)
• Sentences received only one call to action
• Culture-neutral illustrations are used (danger signs)
A checklist for reviewing your technical documentation can be found here ...